yellow page advertising: does it work?
I talk a lot about sales (cause that what you want to hear), but if you have read my bio you know that I have a long background in (selling) advertising and creating marketing campaigns.
Around this time of year, many of us are getting calls from all potential advertising mediums. It is difficult to be able to decide where to put your (hard earned) advertising dollars to attract your potential client. I wrote a two-part synopsis about this on The Smart Planner which is now Think Splendid.
However, this blog post is about Yellow Page advertising. Instead of me giving you advice on how to spend your dollars with this medium, I would like to instead poll YOU for discussion.
So, please add a comment with your personal experience on this type of advertising. I’m sure it will be a good read for all of us. Please answer the following questions in your comment:
- What is your profession?
- Have you used Yellow Page advertising before?
- Did you purchases print and online?
- If yes, what type of ad did you take out (display or just your company name/number listing)?
- How did it work out for you? Did you track your calls and were they qualified potential clients or something else?
- Are you still incorporating this medium in your current advertising program?
- OR… you’ve NEVER done YP advertising and if so, why not?
You can answer anonymously or with your company information. I think the feedback will help others in our industry. Let’s find out if the “fingers do the walking” is working for our businesses!