There’s been an obvious hiatus from the blog and sales tips. My father passed away in August from undetected cancer. His unexpected and untimely death definitely consumed my personal time. And of course I have my main business,Â planning…forever events, so the sales coaching/speaking/blogging took the back burner.
Obviously, it has been a trying summer. Hell.Â It’s been a trying year. Not just for me and my family, but for MANY. The economy is a whirlwind of instability with the wonderful media giving it coverage every second of the day. Never a dull moment with them.
This will bring a peopleÂ down. In their veryÂ core. In their spirit.
How do youÂ bounce back from that? How do youÂ concentrate on your business andÂ be positive, even if you feel like the walls are closing in on you? Because you can’t quit! You cannot give up!
Here are a few of my own tips:
- Align yourself with the right people,Â real people. The ones that will let you complain a bit, but will tell you to get off your butt and go make it happen. The ones that will remind you that while it is bleak, it will get better. The ones that do not bring you down, but lift you up. And more importantly to me, the ones that are keeping it so real that they aren’t over-the-top, Pollyanna, but will still give you encouragement.
- Turn off the news. Don’t watch, read or listen to the media. It is only a downer, aÂ distractorÂ andÂ aÂ demotivator.
- Boost yourself up with positivity. Everyone is different. Some read motivating books, some people like to read motivating blogs, some pray, some spend a few moments a day doing something they love. Whatever the case is….find your positive motivation and incorporate it daily into your life.
- Do not open bills before going to bed. Do not pay bills before going to bed. Do not talk about bills with your spouse/significant other while in bed.
- Eat well (remind me of this when you see me chowing on left-over pizza for the 2nd day in a row). Nourishing your mind is one thing but fueling your body with proper eating habits will physically altar your brain power.
- Focus on all the positive things that are happening to you. THEY ARE HAPPENING. Some of us may have to dig deep. Write them on post-it notes and fill your office, fridge or bedroom wall with them. You need this collage!
Consider this: If you had no financial worry, no business worry, no personal concerns….what would your daily potential be?